3.18.2008

Stop the War

Holy cow have I ever gotten behind on blogging! Forgive me; I'm a single, working mom and I've been trying to get into nursing school, so unfortunately I can't always make enough time to post regularly, but I believe things have calmed down enough for me to get back in the saddle a bit. I'm putting the finishing touches on a post for next week. In the mean time, it’s the five year anniversary of this war in Iraq, and there's a big demo in the city tomorrow. (Direct action info here.)

Forty-one years ago 100,000 people marched from Second and Market to Kezar Stadium to protest the war in Vietnam. It took 8 years after that march, but we ended that war. Let's not have 8 more years of this one.

1967 US Out of Vietnam.jpg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a GREAT photo.

thanks for posting that. as a hopeless nostalga-holic, i always enjoy drinking from the past.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Make a statement for world peace.
Our goal is to reach 20,000,000 views world wide.
Please send our link to your friends and acquaintances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjXrpA3PBk

 
Creative Commons License
Some Rights Reserved.